South Africa Vs West Indies T20 World Cup Prediction
West Indies and South Africe betting preview
This is the World Cup and what an interesting match on the cards! “Two times world champions'' vs “one of the best teams that haven't tasted the ultimate victory”.
This is the 18th game of the 2021 T20 World Cup and 4th of group A. Both the West Indies and South Africa have faced humiliating defeats in their opening encounters. However, both teams are known for bouncing back too.
West Indies struggled against English spinners and as records say, West Indies has always faced difficulties in reading spin variations. They are more of a power-hitting side that enjoys the ball coming onto bat nicely with pace. But on a good day, big hitters like Gayle, Russell, and Pollard can smash any bowler out of the park; spinner or pacer.
For South Africa, consistency is losing its grip. So far, they failed to perform well with the bat. However, their pace attack, with the assistance of two spinners, has been clinical in the middle overs. We have to consider the fact that most of the South African legends have retired and this is a young team.
When it comes to fielding, both teams have exceptional players. South Africa has a better top order whereas West Indies has the most destructive middle order in the tournament. In addition, the last time they faced each other in the T20s, it was a 3-2 series win in favour of South Africa.
Below is the World Cup Pick for West Indies and South Africa.
West Indies vs South Africa Betting Stats and Trends
- West Indies scored 55/10 in their last T20 match.
- In their last big series, they defeated Australia in a 4-1 series win.
- Lendl Simmons performs well in T20 tournaments.
- Nicholas Pooran, Evin Lewis and Andre Russell have been consistent with the bat in the last 3 series.
- In the last T20 World Cup, West Indies were crowned winners.
- South Africa is a good team but lacks the consistency to perform well in T20 World Cups.
- In their last series against West Indies, South Africa outperformed West Indies both in batting and bowling.
- De Kock, Aiden Markram, and David Miller will probably take charge in this match.
- In their last match against Australia, the top order completely failed to give a good start.
- As their strength suggests, quality bowling will be essential to control the game.
Two equally powerful forces of T20 cricket will face each other in the World Cup after 5 years. In the super 10 of the 2016 World Cup, West Indies defeated South Africa by a mere 2 wickets. This time, South Africa might get the chance to turn things around.
|Betting Pick:||South Africa 1.87 @ Casumo|