Australia Vs Sri Lanka T20 World Cup Prediction
Australia Vs Sri Lanka Betting Preview
Two teams that have a history of sparking heated moments will face each other in the 22nd match of the T20 Men's World Cup 2021. Both teams have chased successful victories in their last games and will be looking to make this two from two.
Australia looks perfect in their group, but the team has been the chokers of the T20s so far. If we exclude Maxwell and Stoinis, no other Australian player appears to be a consistent match winner. David Warner and Aaron Finch have struggled to find a rhythm. The opening has been a challenge for Australia and if they don't fix it soon, trouble will find them. In contrast, Sri Lanka looks strong and positive as we have observed from their first match. They have been strong and consistent with their batting order. On the other hand, Sri Lankan bowlers have been unruly in death overs.
Both Sri Lanka and Australia are coming from a win. Australia escaped a potential horror loss in the first match. Chasing 119, they found themselves hanging on 81/5, courtesy to Maxwell and Stoinis who successfully saved the team from a loss. Australian bowling is fiery and full of pace. It is their bowling that gives them breathing space while batting. Sri Lanka started well with the bowl in their last match, however, they lost track in the death overs but came back strongly while batting in the second innings.
Australia vs Sri Lanka Betting Stats and Trends
- Some of the finest T20 players who can turn the game on its head.
- Opening pair have struggled in the last few matches to give Australia a solid start.
- Australia has the most experienced and economic pace attack of the tournament.
- Surprisingly, such a world-class team lost 5 out of 5 T20 series it played in the last two years.
- The top three Australian high scoring batsmen in the T20s are part of this team.
- With a balanced bowling attack, Sri Lanka can restrict big teams at a chaseable total.
- Inconsistent lower batting order but destructive at times on their day.
- Sri Lanka has dominated Australia in T20 matches, winning 3 out of 5 series.
- Bad performance in the last two years, failed to register a big series win in the last 5 T20 series.
- Lacks strategic movements and might collapse if Australia penetrates this weakness.
Both teams are coming from a win but not a convincing one. Australia is better in all zones of T20 cricket, but it is Sri Lanka, the veteran side, that has the legacy in T20 world cups. For this match, Australia might edge over the Sri Lankans due to their strong middle order and exceptional bowling attack.
|Betting Pick:||Australia 1.40 @ Casumo|