Australia Vs New Zealand T20 World Cup Prediction
Australia Vs New Zealand betting preview
The long-awaited final of the World Cup 2021 has arrived, and it is the most unexpected one. Two great teams, quality players, and some phenomenal performances; Australia and New Zealand have made it to the finals.
Both team captains had quite similar ways to understand cricket in the UAE in a post-match interview. But, the T20 is a game of small margins and small moments are enough to turn the tide of a match. Especially, winning the toss and how to utilize the first six overs have been the key for both teams.
Another common thing was the emergence of new heroes for both teams in the semi-finals. First was Jimmy Neesham for New Zealand who smashed 27 off 11 balls against England. However, when Australia struggled towards the end of the second innings, Matthew Wade rescued them and led the team to victory.
This is the trans-Tasman rivalry on the biggest stage of T20 cricket. And there isn't much difference between the team combinations of both teams. However, their approach is quite different. Excitingly, the biggest positive for Australia is the form of David Warner who played a foundational knock against Pakistan. On the other hand, Kane Williamson struggled to score against England which pushed New Zealand into the danger zone, later they recovered with match-winning knocks of Jimmy Neesham and Daryl Mitchell.
In the bowling department for Australia, Adam Zampa has done well. He's been consistent and striking well with the ball. But, Ish Sodhi has done the same job for New Zealand. Again, as we have seen, toss will play a decisive role in the outcome of the final. Whatever the result is, we will get a first-time winner.
Australia and New Zealand betting stats and trends
- Is playing their second T20 World Cup final.
- David Warner is the highest-scoring player for Australia.
- Adam Zampa is the leading wicket-taker for Australia.
- Marcus Stoinis has an average of 28.80 and a strike rate of 144 against New Zealand.
- Have played 14 matches against New Zealand and won 9 of them.
- Have never played a T20 World Cup final.
- Tim Southee is the highest wicket-taker for New Zealand in the T20s.
- Tactically advanced team in comparison to Australia.
- Martin Guptill has an average of 36.25 and a strike rate of 156.43 against New Zealand.
- Have faced defeat in the last three tri-transman series at the hands of Australia.
These are pressure games, not easy ones to go through. Australia surely has some players with x-factors but on the other hand, New Zealand has got some consistency in their teams. For this match, however, Australia is looking solid to win their first-ever T20 World Cup.
|Betting Pick:||Australia 1.57 @ Casumo|