Scotland vs Namibia T20 World Cup Prediction
Scotland Vs Namibia Betting Preview
This Scotland vs Namibia game is expected to be another thriller of a match and will place at Sheikh Zayad stadium. Namibia has had an outstanding 2020-21 year. The heroics of their players have been rewarded in 2021and they are playing in the T20 Men's World Cup for the first time.
Fans might not know, but Namibia and Scotland have been the most successful non-test playing teams. Their record in the T20s is exceptional but still, they are considered the underdogs in big tournaments. Both teams have strengths and weaknesses, whoever exploits the latter well will win the match. In the ICC Cricket World Cup League Two 2019-22, Scotland performed better than Namibia.
Scotland was second after Oman to win 7 out of the 12 matches while Namibia finished at 5th place. In the warm matches, Namibia outperformed Scotland and won 2 out of three matches. The only match that Scotland won against Namibia, was a high score thriller.
For Scotland, the match in the opening week was a horrific one; it wasn't their day. Afghanistan outperformed them in all departments and as result, they were bowled out at 60 in a chase of 190 runs. It also indicates that, despite their ability to score big, they have failed to read the spin from hands. Luckily, Namibia is not an effective bowling side in the spinning department.
In T20 cricket, Scotland has produced some of the most magical moments; they have defeated the top T20 ranked team. Additionally, Scotland has better top-order batting while Namibia has better all-rounders in their line-up. This is a balanced match but Scotland, having more experience in the T20s, is looking more positive to handle this encounter.
Below is the World Cup Pick for Scotland and Namibia.
Scotland vs Namibia Betting Stats and Trends
- Scotland has experience playing in the T20 Men's World Cup.
- Good all-rounders who can perform well with bat and ball on their day.
- Scotland has the ability to post high-scoring totals against a good bowling line-up.
- They have won only 2 out of their last 5 T20 series.
- Their recent series loss was at the hands of Namibia.
- The one-man army David Wiese has been exceptional with bat and ball in this T20 World Cup.
- Namibia has won 4 out of their last 5 T20 matches.
- Namibian bowlers have been successful in restricting opposite teams to low totals.
- The first team to qualify for the World Cups from the qualifiers.
- Chasing will be a difficult task for Namibia.
Both teams have yet to make a historical mark in T20 cricket. This might be the platform both teams have waited for. However, Namibia are the slightly weaker team; the day might go in favour of Scotland.
|Betting Pick:||Scotland 1.64 @ Casumo|