England Vs New Zealand T20 World Cup Prediction
England Vs New Zealand Betting Preview
This is the 13th time New Zealand have reached the semi-finals of an ICC event. Just a few months ago, they successfully won the ICC Test Championship. They will be facing England who had a bittersweet ending in the group A stage. Without a doubt, England is on the stronger side because they have top T20 specialists in the batting line-up. Unfortunately, Jason Roy was retired hurt in the last match and his return for the semi-finals is still in doubt.
New Zealand didn't start well with the bat against Afghanistan but as the game progressed, they started to punish bad balls. It's the percentage of cricket that makes New Zealand's middle order reliable. But against a team like England, one has to score big and go hard early on. There isn't much leverage when you play against a quality side like England. New Zealand will need to adapt and anticipate new challenges that they might face in the semi-finals.
It will be interesting to see what combination they will apply against England. Batting first won't be an easy task, it will require positive intent, temperament, and commitment. Most importantly, extra 25 runs will be a need to reach a defendable total. England is all positive but their loss against South Africa has made Eoin Morgan do a reevaluation of the English bowling department. They conceded 189 runs in the given 20 overs, which was the most England conceded in the 2021 World Cup, resulting in a loss.
England and New Zealand Betting Trends and Stats
- Has remained favourite to win the title throughout the tournament.
- Hasn't lost a single match while batting first in this World Cup.
- The last time England played New Zealand, it resulted in a tie.
- England has won 11 out of 16 matches played in 2021.
- 185+ will be an ideal defending score for England.
- New Zealand has a winning percentage of 53.33% in the T20s.
- The winning percentage drops to 37% against England.
- Has won four out of the last five series played in the last two years.
- Has won 12 out of the 18 T20 matches played this year.
- 175+ will be an ideal defending score for New Zealand.
This is redemption time. England defeated New Zealand in the finals of the Men's One-day World Cup. When it comes to ICC events, New Zealand performs like a champion side. England, on the other hand, aggressively looks ahead for success. This has become a part of their playing style. With an astonishing strike rate, that sets the tone for the victory. For this match, England has more depth and ability to score big which makes them match favourites.
|England 1.54 @ Casumo