Venue – Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
Date – 26th March 2022
Time – 15:30 IST
Broadcast – Star Sports Select and digital streaming on Hotstar
Mumbai Indians have largely stuck to their winning formula over the last decade by retaining their experienced stars. In Bumrah, Rohit Sharma, Suryakumar Yadav and Kieron Pollard, MI already have a strong core that is experienced with winning titles. They also went on to purchase Ishan Kishan for the highest fee at this year’s auction, to ensure they have 5 and not 4 core members back in the new squad, giving them a head start over the other teams.
The Delhi Capitals also had an interesting auction window. While they let former skipper Shreyas Iyer leave the franchise, they managed to retain Prithvi Shaw, the dynamic Rishabh Pant (new skipper), Nortje and Axar Patel, for a very balanced core. DC also pulled off a major coup by signing the mercurial David Warner at a great price, ensuring the diminutive Australian opener returns to the franchise where he made his IPL debut in 2009. Along with Mitch Marsh and Rovman Powell for the big hits, DC have a strong bowling core as well.
Betting Preview, Picks And Prediction
To Win The Match
MI are the favourites to win the match with odds of 1.71 as per Casumo, which is not surprising considering they have a superior head to head record against DC, while DC are slightly weakened due to the absence of Mitch Marsh and David Warner, their two biggest foreign buys.
Top Team Batsman
Ishan Kishan and Rohit Sharma are the usual favourites from MI to be the top scorers, with odds of 3.50 and 3.30 respectively, and both are expected to give a solid start again, provided Rohit is fit. Suryakumar Yadav has been very consistent after them and is 4.50 to be the top scorer in this match.
Prithvi Shaw is the surprising favourite to be Delhi’s top batsman in this match in the absence of Warner, with odds of 3.75. He is followed by Rishabh Pant at 4.20.
Highest Opening Partnership
MI are favourites at 1.76 to have the highest opening partnership in this match. This is primarily because they have a fixed opening pair in Kishan and Rohit, while Delhi are missing their primary opener David Warner for this match.
Top Team Bowler
Jasprit Bumrah is MI’s favourite to be the top bowler with odds of just 3.50, a testament to his wicket taking ability in the death overs. Followed by Tymal Mills at 4.00.
South African pace spearhead Anrich Nortje has been in brilliant form of late, and is DC’s favourite to be the top bowler, at 3.75. He is followed by left arm pacer Khaleel Ahmed, also at 3.75.
Total Runs In The Match
Odds of there being more than 326.5 runs in this match are 1.71, as per LeoVegas. This seems highly achievable as both these teams have some brilliant batsmen and are known for posting huge totals.
Individual Player Betting
- Prithvi Shaw to score more than 23.5 runs has odds of 1.96,which is arguably the safest bet in this match as he is DC’s primary batsman. Ishan Kishan to score more than 25.5 runs has odds of 1.95 as per LeoVegas , which is a tempting bet as he would like to give another quick start to his team as always
- Mumbai to hit the most sixes has odds of 1.84, which is understandable as they have several players who can clear the ropes. Ishan Kishan, Rohit Sharma, Pollard and Suryakumar all are known for their big hits. DC to hit the most sixes has odds of 2.23, which is understandable as they only have Rovman Powell famous for his big hits.
- Nortje to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.00, which is attractive as he can snap up key wickets. Bumrah to take 2 or more wickets has odds of 2.00 too, which is attractive as he can bowl in the powerplay as well as death overs.
Our Top Betting Picks
- MI to win the match @1.71
- MI to hit the most sixes @1.84
- MI to have the Highest Opening Partnership @1.76
- Nortje to be DC’s top bowler @3.75
Q1. Why should I bet on MI to win this match @1.80 ?
Ans – MI are the favourites to win this match, as they have a superior head to head record against DC, while DC are slightly weakened due to the absence of Mitch Marsh and David Warner
Q2. Why should I bet on MI to hit the most sixes @1.84 ?
Ans – MI have plenty of big-hitting batsmen across their batting order and we expect plenty of sixes from the Men In Blue in this match. Ishan Kishan, Rohit Sharma, Pollard and Suryakumar all are known for their big hits.
Q3. Why should I bet on Nortje to be DC’s top bowler @3.75 ?
Ans – Anrich Nortje is one of the fastest bowlers in the world and has terrorized batsmen ever since he joined the Capitals. He would be expected to lead DC’s bowling charge.