New Zealand Vs Afghanistan T20 World Cup Prediction
New Zealand Vs Afghanistan Betting Preview
New Zealand is inching towards qualification with every clinical performance. There was a big concern about New Zealand batting first and setting the total. Until the last match, the openers were frontmen if scoring runs but against Namibia, the middle order did well.
Afghanistan faced a humiliating defeat at the hands of India. Without Mujeeb, Afghanistan was helpless in the bowling department. They leaked 210 runs in 20 overs. Up until now, we have seen that both Afghanistan and New Zealand have struggled in rotating strikes.
However, Afghanistan has one of the best spin attacks of the tournament. But, their line and lengths were not good enough in the previous match as Indian batsmen took charge of them. New Zealand has some good batsmen who can play spin well and this might be the opportunity for Williamson to show his class against a good spin attack. For New Zealand, Jimmy Neesham and Glenn Phillips are the two finishers who will play the role of accelerating the score in the final overs. Glenn Phillips is a terrific T20 player who also holds the record for hitting most sixes in 2021. Together they scored 74 runs in the last five overs against Namibia.
That brings a problem for the Afghanistan bowlers who have been pretty much undisciplined towards the end overs. On the other hand, Afghanistan will face the pace trio of New Zealand, they are lethal and most importantly, accurate with line and length. Afghanistan doesn't bring experience on the playing field and that has been their Achilles heel so far. Only big wickets early on will make the space for their batsmen to go anywhere near the target. As all bottom-placed teams have shown, Afghanistan, too, struggles to take the match deep before taking the charge of the bowlers.
New Zealand and Afghanistan Betting Trends and Stats
- Will target to set a total of 180+ against Afghanistan.
- Experienced T20 bowlers who are hard to play in earlier overs.
- Has won 10 out of the 16 T20 matches played this year.
- Has only lost one T20 series in the last two years.
- Had never played a T20 match against Afghanistan.
- Will be looking forward to posting a total of 170+ runs.
- Inexperienced death overs bowling attack.
- Hasn't lost a single T20 series played in the last two years.
- Is placed at third place in the group B points table.
- Has won 5 out of the 7 T20 matches played this year.
New Zealand is looking strong for this match. Their consistency will be a key in defining this match. As expected, New Zealand will win this match.
|Betting Pick:||New Zealand 1.36 @ Casumo|