South Africa Vs Sri Lanka T20 World Cup Prediction
South Africa Vs Sri Lanka Betting Preview
Two teams that are young, South Africa and Sri Lanka, are about to face off. Interestingly, just a few years ago both teams were full of talented and champion players. Now, they will face each other in the 25th match of the ICC Men's T20 World Cup 2021.
Sri Lanka had a fine day against Bangladesh, defeating the side very comfortably. The match was full of drama as we saw some heated moments in the early overs of the first innings, but smiley faces at the end. However, it helped the Sri Lankans who did a clinical job with the bat, as well as with the ball.
South Africa, on the other hand, lost the first match at the hands of the Aussies. Scoring 119 in a World Cup match never works, no matter how well you bowl. The positive for the Proteas was their bowling unit which is full of fire and pace. They almost trampled over the chances of Australia, but it was a near-defeat experience nonetheless.
For this match, both teams will focus on a present strategy rather than previous results. South Africa has the top-ranking T20 bowler in their line-up; Tabrez Shamsi. Alone their pace attack will be an ultimate challenge for Sri Lankan batsmen. So far, they have done well with the bat but Rabada and Nortje can click over 145 consistently, something no batsman prefers. In addition, the Sri Lankan bowling line-up is a bit inexperienced and undisciplined.
It will be interesting to see if their young bowling attack will be able to resist the technically sound Proteas batting line-up. The middle-order has been a problem for South Africa, whereas the Sri Lankan middle-order has been contributing more. Bowling, in all terms, is the stronger side of South Africa. Batting, on the other hand, has not been reliable, but it looks good on paper in comparison to Sri Lanka.
- Traditionally, South Africa performs well while chasing.
- Last year, South Africa defeated Sri Lanka in an away series (3-0).
- Has lost 8 out of the last 10 series.
- So far, inconsistency and sudden collapse while batting has been a trait of the Proteas.
- Has at least 4 players who are runaway match winners.
- Known for giving surprises to big teams in big tournaments.
- Attacking and risk-taking batting line-up.
- A bit of inconsistency in the bowling attack.
- Has lost 4 out of the 5 series, away and home.
- Coming from a victory, so the team has high morale and positive mode.
Although South Africa is coming from a loss, they will try to make the best of this match by winning it. They are in a tough group against more consistent teams.
|Betting Pick:||South Africa to win @ Casumo|