West Indies Vs Sri Lanka T20 World Cup Prediction
West Indies Vs Sri Lanka Betting Preview
Two ex-winners of the T20 Men's World Cup who are having a disappointing tournament will face each other at Sheikh Zayed Stadium this Thursday. But, Sri Lanka are carrying some positives to the next match, especially, Hasaranga and Asalanka, both young players have performed positively throughout the tournament. On the other hand, West Indies players haven't been confident with their reputation as T20 masters.
West Indies vs Sri Lanka is an equally poised game. Both teams have some terrific players who are struggling for consistency and form. Also, both have won only one match in the tournament and that is against Bangladesh. Additionally, their performances against the big teams were far behind in calculations and strategies in alienated playing conditions.
West Indies has plenty of problems to look at. Moving Gayle to the opening place didn't work as the coach expected. Here, they got so busy in defense that they ended up throwing their wickets in the middle overs. It is usually bad because, after such muddled-up overs, batsmen, tend to play in desperation rather than trusting in their abilities to score. On slow wickets, as we have seen in the UAE, it occurs too often. The other trouble that both teams face is their sketchiness in pacing up the innings.
Both teams, knowing their chances are slim to none, will try to play some fearsome cricket in this match. In fact, as neither team has much to lose, so it's likely they will try to complete their last matches of the tournament on a high note. The same team combination is expected to follow up. As often as it has happened, again, 160+ will be a winning total that will be in the mind of both teams' captains.
West Indies and Sri Lanka Betting Stats and Trends
- Two times ICC Men's World Cup winners.
- Placed at fourth in group A points table.
- Have played 14 T20 matches against Sri Lanka and won 7.
- Won 8 out of the last 17 matches played in 2021.
- Has won two out of the last five series played in the last two years.
- Has young fearless and consistent players who can turn the odds upside down.
- An attacking upfront bowling attack.
- Will be looking forward to scoring 175+ if bats first.
- Has lost four out of the last five series played in the last two years.
- Has lost 12 out of the 19 T20 matches this year.
West Indies have heavyweight power and experience. However, Sri Lanka have intent and talented youngsters. On this stage, West Indies appears to be more confident to register a win.
|Betting Pick:||West Indies 1.57 @ Casumo|